Thursday, December 19, 2013

Traveling with Tori: Challenge 3 and 4!

Students in Mrs. Ankerson's third grade enrichment class have been traveling around Europe seeking clues to answer riddles from our traveling friend, Tori.  We solved two more!  

I am a tower,
1,063 feet tall.
Take an elevator to the top,
From there you can see it all!
The Sienne River runs below me,
But there is much more in my city!
Here they say Bonjour to say hello,
And there is much more that you should know.
My neighbors are the Louvre and Notre Dame,
All of France knows my name!
I twinkle every hour at night,
Many people come to my city just to see the sights!
What and Where am I?



Answer:  The Eiffel Tower in Paris France!
We found it!

I am a country,

Close to Spain.
Fishing and Olive Oil
Bring my country to fame.
Ferdinand Magellan traveled the sea,
He was born in my country!
My sunsets are very pretty,
Especially in Lisbon, my capitol city.
From here you can see
That the Atlantic Ocean is by me.
What and Where am I?



 Answer:  Portugal!
We want to go here!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on the RES Enrichment blog--your feedback increases student engagement and interest in writing and sharing! These comments are moderated to keep our students safe. Once Mrs. Rankin has reviewed the comment, it will show up on the blog feed. Come back and comment again soon!