Thursday, December 19, 2013

Traveling with Tori: Challenge 5

Students in Mrs. Ankerson's third grade class have been following our friend Tori as she travels around Europe. Tomorrow, we will try to find her latest clue!  Tori will return to the US in January!  We are really enjoying these challenges as a way to connect to geography in a meaningful way.

Can you figure out where Tori is? I bet our third graders will!


I am a country

In the United Kingdom

But right now my people are trying to get my freedom!

I am home to the highland cow,

And my bagpipe players often have to take a bow!

My people are known to wear kilts,

And Edinburgh, my capitol city, looks just like it did when it was built!

Some people believe I am the home to the Loch Ness monster,

Many people come to my country to spot her!

What and Where am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on the RES Enrichment blog--your feedback increases student engagement and interest in writing and sharing! These comments are moderated to keep our students safe. Once Mrs. Rankin has reviewed the comment, it will show up on the blog feed. Come back and comment again soon!