Friday, April 19, 2013

Student Leaders

This week in third grade enrichment classes students continued to impress me with creative ways to teach geography skills. On Monday students created a scavenger hunt in which students had to use directions to find clues, and in the end build a map. On Wednesday one group had students perform skits to show how different places might farm for food. Another group of student leaders had their class watch a music video to reinforce the location of states and then created a bar graph of where people in our class have visited or lived!

When I began the process of having students teach these lessons, I have to admit that I was nervous about whether or not the content would be conveyed. After three weeks of these classes, that is no longer a concern....now I just find myself wishing that I could share what some students are doing in one class with the other classes ---because their ideas are so great!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on the RES Enrichment blog--your feedback increases student engagement and interest in writing and sharing! These comments are moderated to keep our students safe. Once Mrs. Rankin has reviewed the comment, it will show up on the blog feed. Come back and comment again soon!