Thursday, September 26, 2013

Where in the World is Tori?

Part of our third grade enrichment curriculum is  focused on geography and developing global awareness and connections.  We are excited that a cousin of a student in one of our classes is currently traveling and studying in Europe.  While she is there, she will be providing us with mystery location challenges.  These challenges will be a chance for us to connect with a member of our extended community, AND learn some awesome geographic skills!  Tomorrow we will have our first challenge---finding her home base for our journey together--Cardiff University in Wales!  I wonder if students will be able to quickly identify it on a map! I wonder what questions they will have for Tori about her location!  Check back often to learn about Tori's adventures and our class connection to a world traveler!
 
Here is the introduction that we will share in third grade this week as our first challenge!!!
 
Hi Mrs. Rankin’s Class!
My name is Tori and I am Tess’ cousin!!
 
 I am very excited to be talking with you guys about my adventures around the U.K. and Europe. While I am traveling abroad I will be studying at Cardiff University in Wales and traveling to a few other countries as well. When I am not in Wales I live in New York State but go to Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont! I can’t wait to share my travels with you all! Feel free to ask me any questions that you have and I will do my best to find out the answers!
Talk to you soon,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on the RES Enrichment blog--your feedback increases student engagement and interest in writing and sharing! These comments are moderated to keep our students safe. Once Mrs. Rankin has reviewed the comment, it will show up on the blog feed. Come back and comment again soon!